Skin aging is a gradual process and it begins as early as at the age of 25. The first signs of aging may not necessarily be explicit, yet you might notice some fine lines, dryness of skin and loss of its former elasticity. Often we start paying attention to the changing skin only after the age of 30, however, it is crucial to start protecting it early to prevent premature aging.
What causes skin to age?
Skin cells called fibroblasts are responsible for generating collagen and elastin fibers in the skin. These fibers are the structural elements of skin ensuring its elasticity and firmness. With the age, fibroblast activity decreases causing disintegration of elastin and collagen fibers. As a result, the epidermis becomes thinner and subcutaneous tissue layer loses its volume, hence forming wrinkles, creating saggy face, dehydration and loss of skin elasticity and tightness.
5 tips for preventing premature skin aging:It is very important to have proper skin care routines with appropriate skin care products. SAAPIO offers innovative products for each type of skin:
- Anti-Acne product line for oily, combination, or acne-prone skin
- Protect your skin from the harmful effect of sunlight by using sun protection creams with a high SPF to prevent photoaging.
- Protect your skin from air pollution and oxidative stress caused by the blue light emitted by smart electronics. To help with that, SAAPIO offers specially developed innovative series of products called Urban Life.
- Prevent premature aging by taking collagen supplements that help to restore the collagen levels in your body effectively and reduce the signs of aging — formation of wrinkles and saggy face or loss of skin elasticity and firmness.
More information about SAAPIO collagens can be found here.
- Make sure you have enough sleep and physical exercise to reduce daily stress levels.